Seufert Winery

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Pinot Blanc:

I stopped by the winery yesterday to check on my wine. The Pinot Blanc that I'm making as a dry table wine is done fermenting. I left a small amount of residual sugar in one of the 3 carboys (1 degree Brix). The other 2 are completely dry (-2 degrees Brix).

The wine has potential to be good, but it's a bit rough right now. It's much like an awkward adolescent. It will certainly improve as the yeast settles out and then again once it is filtered.

I moved the wine outside so it can cold stabilize naturally on the cold nights. I moved one batch out a few days ago, and it has already clarified considerably.

Meanwhile, the ice wine version from the same grapes keeps chugging along. It's fermenting, but slowly. It has a luscious mouthfeel - I'm looking forward to seeing it complete. Yummm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged