Seufert Winery

Wednesday, March 22, 2006


Oregon Viticulture

This is my daily companion lately. This fine book details how to grow grapes in Oregon. It covers everything from site selection to determining when to harvest. Currently, I'm focusing on the pruning and disease/pest management sections.

Why? Well, I'm part way through pruning Sunnyridge Vineyard. This vineyard is cane pruned with vertical shoots. Read the book or search on these terms to better understand what they mean.

I'm a plant person by nature. I love being outside - working with living things. However, I have yet to find a rhythm with the pruning. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it. I'm just slow.

I plan on finishing pruning Saturday. Let's hope the rain stops by then and that I pick up the pace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Blog Directory - Blogged